Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Resolution follow up

I consider myself a pretty active girl.  I run a few times a week, go to yoga classes, walk with friends.  But year after year on January 1st, I vow to be more fit.  I know - not a new concept.  Ever since I hit the big 3-0 I feel like it's harder to keep my muscles toned, so this resolution comes in more handy as the years go by.  I don't know if that's in my head or not, but as a way to get my arms tank top ready and to build strength, I decided to do
 

Goal:







Not Goal:

I love Madge, but her veins scare me.

My husband and I are in the middle of week 2 and I am already up to 16 push ups.  Can you believe it! I'm not going to lie - it doesn't feel good while you are doing it, but it takes no time at all!  Seriously, it is only like a 1/2 hour a week and is totally worth it!   

Also, I just saw the greatest motivational tip over at over at Mucho Mucho Bueno Beuno!  Put your swimsuit on once a month in winter months to keep yourself "inspired".  Scary, but great idea!


~via~

I'll be sure to keep you posted on the progress, and let me know if you have any good toning tips!!

9 comments:

  1. Omg I vow the same thing every year too. I give you tons of credit for doing push-ups. I probably wouldn't be able to do one except for the ones where I have my knees on the floor. Good for you!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about doing the push-up challenge for, like, a year now and I never seem to get up the motivation to start it!! Maybe I will soon, though - I need to work on my arms before the Big Day this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goal and I love love your not goal inspiration... ! :) I'm on-board too... I need to tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I have a bad back, so all I can do are those push-ups where you use your knees instead of your feet.

    I like the idea about trying on my bathing suit in winter! (Although it's scary, because I definitely don't look as good as I did during the summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are great! I've been more active this year so far, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for reading my blog... very true you're so lucky you live there!
    also, i'm starting a bookclub! the first book is going to be the perks of being a wallflower by stephen chbosky :) shoot me an email to let me know if you're interested: jodisagorin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her veins scare me too!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard about this program, but never actually seen it. I may try it too! Looking forward to a healthy and fit 2010...Good luck with the pushups!!!

    ReplyDelete