Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chandeliers make me drool, part 1

I have been wanting a chandelier for a really long time.  There is something so romantic about them & the light they cast throughout a room.  They also add some serious glamour to any space.  Unfortunately, in my current home, the traditional chandelier would look completely out of place.  On the plus side, a great chandelier could be pretty spendy, so maybe it is lucky that I can't spend loads and loads of money on a serious piece of crystal.  Who knows. 

Still, every time I see one I can't help but feel like it has to be mine.  I just have to wait to buy the house to go with it!  These are some of the beautiful shots that make me drool.....


~an all purple room with an extra special sparkle via plush palate~


~dining room bling via design sponge~


~fantasy via dustjacket attic~


~rustic & gorgeous.  I need to take a bath here.  via plush palate~


~shabby chic via coco & kelly~

Lighting options are so amazing and can transform a space in a matter of seconds.  For the midcentury lovers out there (me, included!), I found this one on apartment therapy.  It's DIY - yeah!  If I find some serious motivation in the coming weeks, I might just try to put it together.  

 
Check out the step by step instructions here. 

Hope you are all having a lovely week!  Happy Wednesday! 

20 comments:

  1. I love that picture with the chandelier over the bathtub. I saw that I think one time in a House hunters on HGTV. I'd love to have a chandelier in my future place. They are so elegant. That light fixture is insane!! If you do it, totally tell us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of the girl holding onto the chandelier! its beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the overhand chandelier over the clawfooted bathtub...how stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cold and rainy here in Portland, the idea of getting into that bathtub after a long day at the office sounds pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chandeliers are so classic. I love the one over the antique bath tub. Too bad there's nothing classic about my townhouse...hahaha.

    Hope you're having a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good chandelier but I'm in your same boat. 60's ranch + chandelier = total design fail :(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love them too, but same for me - my house is Asian/Morrocan style!! Maybe next house .....
    Have a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo just love chandelier's too. Great post, I love the girl and chandelier (of course, thanks for the mention) and the two below it are just wonderful. They are so so sweet.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all stunning but my fave is the shabby chic one!!

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. um YES i am in love with all of these photos. someday ill be rich and have a chandelier in every room!!!!!... haha or at least one or two:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous chandelier inspirations! I really want one for my home too... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely agree. Having a chandelier adds instant drama and elegance into a space. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know exactly what you mean! I am crazy about chandeliers, and I like them as jewelry too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought this light fixture this summer and absolutely love it! It's not quite a chandelier but it's still really pretty :) http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2009/08/pixie-bride.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. ITMTH - that fixture is gorgeous and looks so cute in those wedding photos! Thanks for that link - I am going to check that one out, as it looks like it may actually fit into my decor-scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that bathroom. So gorgeous and restful looking. (btw, I found your blog through Lauren's "the little things we do" - isn't she great?!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm drooling right bedside you... I want every chandelier I see. It's so hard to pick a favorite. Great photos.
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are some amazing photos. I hope you do the DIY and share!

    ReplyDelete